Heat Pumps, what are they and how do they work?
Air source heat pumps can extract latent heat from the outside air (even when the temperature outside is down to -20°C) and pump it inside to heat indoor spaces and hot water, making use of outside air as an infinitely renewable energy resource.
Because they consume much less electricity than the heat they generate, heat pumps have significantly lower running costs and CO2 emissions than traditional energy sources
Their status as a renewable energy technology also renders them eligible for many tax benefits and government grant schemes such as 5% VAT on equipment and installation fees and support from the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive scheme (domestic RHI).
Traditional Gas, Oil or LPG fired boilers are common place and economic to install but they are less energy efficient and cost more to run.
Regal Heat Pump System Benefits
- Recognised as a renewable heat technology
- Use less energy than traditional heating methods
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Eligible for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Eligible for the Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (domestic RHI)
- Eligible for Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) for businesses.